Friday, December 08, 2006

Pot Lucky

I have a holiday pot-luck and gift exchange on the 21st. I need to bring something more inspired than last year’s box of Eggos. http://www.kelloggs.com/brand/eggo/home/

I have been instructed to bring a vegetable dish because some lucky s.o.b. already got the dessert category. It’s easy to buy an impressive dessert at a bakery, but a store bought vegetable dish is bound to be some hideous casserole or a bin of scalloped potatoes that only got cooked on the sides.

I wonder if Peeps makes something vegetable shaped. http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

I’ve selected the zucchini as my vegetable and I’m leaning toward a recipe from www.southernliving.com called zucchini with citrus-herb dressing. Frankly, I was getting nowhere with the search terms: zucchini, peeps, and Eggos.

1 comment:

Sister said...

Zucchini! Ooo, love it. Unfortunately, I only know how to eat it not how to make anything with it.