Monday, December 18, 2006

Low flying egrets

I was watering my nearly dead flowers yesterday evening when Billy Bob walked over to the fence to ask about my electricity situation. I told him the power company’s story about a small animal, possibly a squirrel touching the wires. He said his yard used to be overrun with squirrels until he started shooting at them with his b.b. gun. Yes, this is disturbing but even more so considering he used to feed them and they became so comfortable they began rapping on his porch door at mealtime. What did he expect?

Now he is feeding hot dogs to a couple of egrets that walk up his driveway.
http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i2001id.html
He discovered their love for hot dogs only after they rejected ham, turkey, and various other luncheon meats.
I’m no ornithologist, but processed meats from Save-A-Lot cannot be good for birds. They’re starting to look a little chunky. Next thing you know they’ll be riding around Wal-Mart on one of these
http://www.americanwheelchairs.com/images/pridceleb3.jpg

I think the squirrels were lucky they were run off.

No comments: