Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I smell squirrel...



Yesterday when I got home from work I discovered I had no electricity. I lit a candle to help me find my neighbor Billy Bob’s phone number and I called to see if he was without power also. Somehow it’s a great relief at these times to know I’m not the only one. If I’m the only one it could mean I’m at fault. Maybe I forgot to pay the bill. Maybe I ran the dryer too long. Maybe my Christmas light display destroyed something. Billy Bob did have power and he came racing over to see if any breakers needed to be flipped, which I had already done. Then he advised me to call the ‘lectric company and tell them to "cut the lights back own." This was also on my to-do list.
I called and was informed that 10 other homes in my area were also without power. (Thank God I’m not at fault . . . Unless my Christmas lights destroyed their homes too)
Later I got a recorded message saying that it may have been caused by a small animal touching the wires. So much for the evil squirrel who tormented Murphy from above. I expect Murphy will be presenting me with its charred little carcass any day now.

2 comments:

Sister said...

Eeee! I fear squirrels, so I'm kinda glad.

Brother said...

Murphy? Was he named after Murphy's Law?