Wednesday, January 03, 2007

stuff

I have a nightstand from overstock.com on the way. I've been tracking its shipping progress (because I'm a busy professional) and it should arrive Friday. I'm excited about the assembly process. As long as something isn't big enough to crush me, I like to have a few glasses of wine before I assemble it. The results can be quite entertaining. One time I put together a leaning photo ladder in such a way that the photos just slid right off onto the floor. I wish I had taken a photo, but it just would have slid off too. A few years ago I assembled a file cabinet after some wine and I just couldn't see the practical application of having the wheels on top, so I called the customer service number and asked to "charge to someone in speak."

Tonight I made chicken, zucchini, and prosciutto for dinner. I didn’t have prosciutto so I used thin slices of the ham I had left over from New Year’s Eve. One thing I had plenty of was zucchini. I had to attend a number of holiday parties, as I am quite popular and usually agree to drive, and I made veggie trays to take. I’m not good at estimating how much to buy, but my refrigerator looks like a farmer’s market.

Here’s something odd: a co-worker commented to another co-worker of mine that I must never eat because she noticed I didn’t even touch the cheese cubes at C. Addle’s party. Not only is this un-true; I was the one who demanded that the trays be unwrapped so we could go wild, but it also very peculiar to think that someone is monitoring someone else’s cheese intake. This is one of the differences between men and women. You will never hear this:
“Steve, did you notice that Rob hardly touched the cheese? I’m worried.”

No comments: