The weather has turned cooler. If the temperature drops just one more degree in here the heat will turn on and I can comfortably take a shower. The past few weeks have been what people call "unseasonably warm" and I've been rethinking the practicality of my new down comforter. I think it must be heavier than the last one. I wake up sweaty and dehydrated. I don't know how geese keep from bursting into flames.
Today a maintenance guy bolted our new bulletin board to the wall of our reference workroom. That’s the private room behind the reference desk where we gossip and do impressions of rude patrons.
We immediately festooned the bulletin board with Christmas lights, vacation postcards, Napoleon Dynamite pictures, a picture of the 80s German metal band The Scorpions, and a co-worker’s bag of animal crackers. Why? Because we’re busy professionals.
I bought some beef stroganoff at Whole Foods for Lunch. It was, to quote a jittery patron, “fan-damn-tastic!” It was well worth the $68.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sure it was free range stroganoff--definitely worth the $68.
Post a Comment