Thursday, January 04, 2007

Real Simple

I was just reading Real Simple magazine. I like it better than Real Difficult magazine because all their recipes were in Latin. This month’s Real Simple has a list of 30 "power songs" which are supposed to give you a pick-me-up. I don't know half of them and I don't know if that's because they're real old or real new. I do know one thing: there should not be a Bobby Brown song on it, and there is. Aren't they auctioning off all of his belongings right now? It also includes Keith Urban's Who Wouldn't Want to Be Me. (Rehab), and Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough (or til they put the cuffs on you).
I kinda like Christina Aguilera's Ain't No Other Man: "You got soul, you got class. You got style, you bad ass - oh yeah!"
Who wouldn't want a classy, soulful, bad-ass with style? Sometimes you'll meet a bad-ass, but he's just not classy enough. Other times you meet a classy guy, but his bad-assitude is just not up to par.

Real Simple also has a number of wardrobe tricks to make you look slim. I will do the opposite because I’m a size 2 and I’m 7 feet tall. For example, patterns camouflage bulges so I should wear solid colors. When I was dating Tater he used to tease me about my closet full of floral patterns. I suppose he was right--that time . . . but not so much in stores when he would hold up blouses made of mesh and say, "Here's one for you."

They recommended wearing the right bra because when you lift your bust your stomach looks flat. So I suppose a thin woman should wear her breasts as low as possible. They also advise to stay away from shiny fabrics if you are heavy. Finally, I have the thumbs up on my silver metallic pantsuit. I will look like the librarian of the future!

1 comment:

Sister said...

I passed by a teeny tiny boy in a Taekwondo outfit in the magazine aisle of the supermarket tonight. He was so engrossed in his magazine I was curious and quickly glanced down at what he was reading--it appeared to be Real Simple. "Huh?!" I thought and slipped around the end of the aisle so I could look back at his magazine title unobtrusively--if it was Real Simple, I didn't want to discourage him.....Nope, it was Xbox Magazine--must have been the special home decor issue...or he slipped Real Simple inside Xbox...yeah, that's it.