Friday, March 02, 2007

I purchased a new doormat for my front door today. There were about 12 styles and it was a difficult decision, as most decisions are for me. I wanted one that indicated the person inside the house has good taste while not misleading anyone to think I actually want company. My ideal mat would say Think Twice rather than Welcome, and maybe include a checklist:
1) Are you selling something?
2) Are you arriving unannounced?
3) Is it before 11 a.m. on a Sunday?
4) Do you expect to smoke?
5) Are you allergic to dogs?
6) Are dogs allergic to you?
If you answer yes to any of the above, do not ring the bell. Ring the bell next door and my neighbor will be happy to show you his latest surgery scar and ask you why you aren't married by now.

1 comment:

Sister said...

I think that's mighty pretty! Love the dragonflies.