S. knows that I’m fascinated and endlessly entertained by Christopher Walken, so she recommends/demands that I watch a DVD called Scotland, PA. We get interrupted by patrons with the usual “How do I print” (I find a sharpened pencil and a crisp sheet of paper helps) “Can you find my imaginary friend’s email address?” Etc., etc. By the time we have another quiet moment, I see that she has pulled up the catalog record for the film. Naturally, I have already forgotten the title and try to read her screen from where I am sitting. Scrapbook PA? Of course not. SCOTLAND, she reminds me.
This led to my simpleton monologue about having always wanted to travel to Scrapbook because I love their accents and the way they say square-ll instead of squirrel. Isn’t Gerard Butler from Scrapbook? This would have been funny for 10 seconds, (to me) but I let it go for a full minute.
S. actually bought a Snickerdoodle flavored coffee today, totally topping my earlier choice of blueberry.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A blueberry flavored coffee?!
I think I'm going to be sick.
Post a Comment