Tuesday, May 29, 2007

more mindful actions....

I’ve already fallen way behind in my “mindful actions” which lead to happiness. May 25th I was supposed to spend the night in a new place where I’ve never slept before. Damn that Orlando Bloom and his restraining order. I guess I could have gone in the shed, but it’s awfully hot in there, and let’s not forget the rotting carcass I spoke of earlier. http://simmerup.blogspot.com/2006/11/ants-go-marching.html

May 26 I was supposed to roll around on the floor with an infant. I don’t have an infant and people who do are reluctant to lend them out, particularly for rough-housing. My 11 year old dog, Murphy, will stretch out on the floor for a tummy scratch, but anything more rowdy than that and he responds as if you’ve asked Jackie Mason to play racquetball: “WHAT?! You want I should break my leg?!”

Today I was supposed to carpool to work. Thank God I was off and slept until 10:30, which truly makes me happier than anything else.
My assignment for May 30th is to float on a calm body of water. There is a fountain outside the Starbucks next door to where I work. I’ll see what I can do.

3 comments:

Sister said...

Can't wait to see the aftermath of the Starbucks-fountain-floating. Maybe Bike Repair Guy will finally have something else to talk about when he sees us.

Anonymous said...

I'll lend you my toddler, she likes to roll around on the floor.

Ziezi said...

86


That 0006666655555555555555 is how I post my comments with my helpful toddler, who by the way is already rolling on the floor. Great post, not so much for the comment.