I checked out a book instructing you how to be happier day by day. I don’t want to give the exact title because if some innocent person Googles the title, they may be led to my blog which is most certainly not what they had in mind. Every day it suggests a “mindful action” such as Don’t wear a watch and Imagine your life has just begun. I’m starting this mid-year and a co-worker warned that I might not be as happy as those who started it on January 1, but I am open to most things except camping, Capri pants, tofu, using the word “partner” as a verb (big in libraries) and scrunchies.
Yesterday I was supposed to create a personal business card, not one reflecting my job, but who I really am-- what I believe. The author suggests enlisting the help of a graphic artist whose talent I respect. I’m sure graphic artists welcome an opportunity to put aside real work to print up 50 cards that say something to the effect of “conceive it and believe it” or “name it and claim it” or “today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present.”
I think mine might say Saucy Librarian, or Photocopy Mentor, or simply No Good Will Come of This with my phone number, or better yet--Jazz Hand’s phone number. I don’t want maniacs calling me at all hours.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think I will make a card for myself:
Miss Fancy JazzHands
"Now that's enough of that."
Post a Comment