My friend JazzHands sometimes comments that she’d like to kick someone “right in the gut” or sometimes in “their fat gut.” It always seemed out of character because she’s a pretty little thing who’s taken to wearing colorful scarves. But today I was ready to do some gut kicking on a verbally abusive patron. My desk partner at the time calmly walked away from this man. I think she is able to do this because she’s Buddhist. As a Catholic, I believe you can open a can of whoop-ass and just go to confession the next day.
But instead, I made some comment that I cannot repeat, not because it was obscene, but because it was so ineffectual . . . as if I had said “I know you are, but what am I.”
It’s just lucky for this man, and I use the term loosely, that I am a woman, and a slightly built one at that. In fact, that’s lucky for a lot of people.
Speaking of cans of whoop-ass, the first time I used that term I mistakenly said ass-whip. My boyfriend at the time noted that ass-whip sounded like a condiment or topping that one might find at some sort of wild party.
I don’t think my sweet and sour chicken is agreeing with me. I like the 2nd Darrin on Bewitched and it likes the 1st.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment