Sunday, July 22, 2007

I don't know why I bother....

I’m not the chatty type. I’m a proud introvert and I embrace, rather than medicate, my social anxiety because it gives me material and insulates me from the more aggressive Mary Kay representatives. But for some reason I stepped out of character today in the grocery store when a loud hulk of a woman asked the cashier where the iced coffee was. This store doesn’t sell hot coffee, much less iced coffee. Perhaps she meant those Starbucks drinks in the bottle, but you have to chill those your own damn self. The cashier looked confused and glanced at the bag boy for support or guidance, but he was busy placing a bottle of detergent on top of my loaf of bread. She told the woman that they sell instant coffee (useless information) and that a 7-11 nearby might have some. Then I piped up with “I got some at Burger King today and it was pretty good!” They all glared at me like I was an imbecile. The hell with them; I know the pleasure of the Mocha BK JOE, and they do not.

Driving home I saw the loud woman walking alongside the road. I felt like laying on the horn, leaning out and saying "What are you doing--Burger King's THAT way!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing last night. At the gym (as if I were any kind of expert in that area).

I leaned over unsolicited and told a teenager how to program her arc machine.

Then I wished I died.