Sunday, June 10, 2007

crushing disappointment

At the recommendation of S. I purchased some maple flavored sausages yesterday. I was careful not to get the package labeled "lite" because that variety makes S's 2 year old wail Nooooooo when asked if she wants another. This morning I couldn't find the sausage. It's not in the freezer, not in the fridge, not still out in the car stinking it up--nowhere! It is, however, the first item on my receipt. It's possible it is the last thing put in the cart of the person ahead of me.
I'm going to let it go because I don't want to get a crackpot reputation at my grocery store and have them cringe when I walk in the way we do when certain patrons come into the library.
I'm consoling myself with an iced caramel latte from Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think not having them is less disappointing than the stupid lite.