I think I have Attention Deficit Drink Disorder. My desk at work usually has at least 3 unfinished beverages on it. Some are impulse buys: smoothies with a disappointing grainy texture, exotic sounding teas that don't taste nearly as good as they smell, but some are just regular soft drinks and coffee that failed to hold my interest.
Speaking of coffee, I casually mentioned to JazzHands that I would like to see her drink coffee someday, thinking the caffeine would intensify her animated gestures and sudden dance movements, and amplify her show tunes. Isn't that what we all want in the workplace? Obliging me, for God knows why, she returns with a 12 oz. glass--a glass, not a cup--of black coffee. I told her it had to be in a cup. Nobody drinks a glass of coffee. But I couldn't explain why. It's just not right. No good will come of it. And even though she said it tasted like "water that something nasty fell into" she downed it like a Pepsi.
I didn't notice any extra performing arts, but I didn't see her yawn once throughout the day
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
intensify her animated gestures and sudden dance movements
Every time I read this part, I can't help giggling (and waving my arms wildly about while time-stepping). :-)
Post a Comment