Sunday, February 11, 2007

awesome chocolate?

I'm watching the Grammy Awards and Don Henley just gave a "shout out.” I like him and I even think he's still hot, but he's too old to give a shout out. Even I'm too old to give a shout out. And it wouldn't feel natural anyway. It would stick in my throat like "awesome" would. Awesome used to be reserved for things like the Grand Canyon, and now it might be used to describe a new Diet Snapple flavor. Don't do that. Just don't, okay?

JazzHands and I went to see a movie last night that was followed by samples of chocolate from a new chocolatier in town. I carefully made my way to the table only to find the last piece being taken by an old man. Isn't chocolate bad for gout? Drop it old man! I tried to remain calm, telling myself that another tray was on the way, but no luck. I was inconsolable. I could have been the first one to the table, but I was allowing a safe distance between me and the frail, and in Florida there are elderly women who look like they're made of tissue paper and a couple of pieces of balsa wood.

Later we stopped for Irish coffee--one of the things that makes me proud to be Irish, it’s pure genius. Then I left an incoherent message for Tater, but I swear it wasn’t a drink and dial situation. I was not drunk. JazzHands was just making me laugh. That doesn’t explain why I spoke with a thick Georgia accent, but let’s not over think things.

1 comment:

Tizzy said...

Not unless you give me some chocolate.

I think I went to high school with a thief520 . . . or maybe it was 420.