S. invited me over for a craft day at her house. We used to have clothing swaps at her house, but I never had much to offer because I haven’t outgrown anything since the 10th grade. The only way I know it’s time to discard an item of clothing is when someone asks me if I was a member of Bananarama . . . .and btw I was. As far as you know, anyway.
JazzHands brought assorted beads, decorative hole punchers, and zigzag scissors. S. had initials for us to paint and personalize. I showed up with Inkos Blueberry Tea, which is not a craft item, but I suppose if you had enough empty bottles you could make a very large and noisy mobile.
I created a sunflower yellow M with small, confetti-sized green leaves made with JazzHands’ paper punch, and a little sparkle of bugle beads at the top and bottom. It now sits in my kitchen on a ledge next to a ceramic accordion player. That’s for scale. If someone asks me the size of something, I’m likely to say, “Oh, it’s about the size of a ceramic accordion player…..”

3 comments:
The "M" looks lovely in general and especially lovely next to the accordion player.
those are called bugle beads?
Yes. Bugle beads are small, tubular shaped glass beads which vary in length from 1/8" to 30mm (1 1/4") and are available in a wide variety of colors and finishes. Bugle beads are great in fringe and are often used in the Comanche or pyramid stitch for the tops of earrings.
(I copied and pasted this from a bead site of course)
Post a Comment